Hazardous sports coverage
This plan provides travel medical and evacuation insurance for people traveling outside their country of residence who require a travel plan with some of the best hazardous sports coverage in the market. BUPA Global travel also has excellent rates, especially for those aged 55 to 69.
War zone disclaimer, please be informed that BUPA Global travel only provides cover in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN if the risk has been pre-approved by BUPA. You are therefore under an obligation to notify BUPA and our firm if you plan to travel to or stay in these countries. Cover will be provided at a premium loading only.
The travel insurance covers you no matter where in the world you go as long as you are traveling outside your country of residence as defined in policy for business or pleasure travel. It provides single trip coverage on travels abroad from one day up to 12 months. An annual multi-trip plan for unlimited multiple trips up to 1 month in length is also available. Premium rates can be downloaded or you can get a quote online.
- The BUPA travel insurance will not cover expeditions, mountaineering and trekking in Antarctica, the North Pole and Greenland anymore. Also, the plan no longer covers anything related to: active participation in any motorsport
show, motorsport race or motorsport competition, including any training, base jumping, paragliding, hang gliding and
mountaineering that requires specialized climbing equipment,
- The plan is not available to residents of Canada, Thailand, Brazil, US or Japan. The BUPA plans may be restricted in other countries by BUPA without notice.
- The insurance does not provide cover within the insured’s country of permanent residence.
- Please read full plan terms and conditions in brochure.
Advantages with a BUPA Global Travel
You get a lot of advantages with a BUPA:
- Direct payment of all hospital bills where ever possible
- Access to BUPA’s medical consultants
- Free choice of doctors and hospitals
- Full cover with no deductible
- Professional and efficient reimbursement service
- Worldwide cover outside your country of residence during all types of travel: leisure, study and business
- Free cover of children under the age of two
- You must be 69 or younger to apply and be covered
- Baggage cover and flight delay option
- Personal liability coverage option
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment option
- Trip cancellation option is now available
Please note that when the insurance is taken out after the insured has left the country of permanent residence, there is a waiting period of 3 days before the insurance takes effect. In the event of serious injury in connection with an accident, the right to compensation shall, however, take effect concurrently with the date of commencement of the insurance