IMG PATRIOT TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE Conditions and Exclusions
Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage is subject to the deductible and coinsurance.
- Coverage under this program is secondary to any other insurance.
- Coverage is for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Policy Period or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within the Policy Period, Benefit Period or three months immediately following the policy Period.
Emergency Evacuation, Emergency Reunion and Repatriation Coverage
- All Conditions and Exclusions apply to this Coverage.
- Emergency Evacuation, Emergency Reunion or Repatriation expenses must be approved and coordinated in advance by IMG.
- All costs arising from trips outside the country where the Incident which gave rise to the claim occurred must be approved in advance and coordinated by IMG.
Charges for the following services, treatments and/or conditions, among others, are excluded from coverage under the Patriot plans.
- A Pre-existing Condition is defined as any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time during the three years prior to the effective date of the insurance, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed prior to the effective date, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigation, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. The Company will not pay for a Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country.
- Immunizations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS-related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, and the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Injury sustained while participating in amateur or professional sports or other athletic activity which is organized and/or sanctioned, or which involves regular or scheduled practices, games or competition. The following hazardous activities are excluded unless the Extreme Sports Rider is purchased: abseiling, aviation (except when traveling as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), BMX, bobsleigh, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, high diving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, paragliding, parascending, rappelling, rock climbing, sky diving, snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, spelunking, surfing, trekking, wind-surfing and whitewater rafting. Racing of any kind, BASE jumping, mountaineering, climbing or trekking above elevation 4500 meters above ground level or without proper ropes or guides; luge, motocross, Moto-X, rodeo activity, ski jumping, whitewater rafting exceeding Class V difficulty; and/or extreme sports not expressly covered here under are excluded regardless of which plan or rider is selected.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing services.
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the insured, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered under the certificate.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Illness or injury where the trip to the host country is undertaken for treatment or advice for such illness or injury, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive material(s).
Note: This web page contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current Patriot Travel Medical Insurance benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A certificate containing the complete Certificate Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit. IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate Wording for this insurance plan in the event this application and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Current Certificate Wordings are available upon request.
Underwritten by: Sirius International Insurance Corporation