Greece, Switzerland, and Paris are names that come instantly to our minds when thinking of exotic places for international visits. So, while European countries rule the minds of most globe-trotters, it is more important to help them with the necessary pieces of advice about European trips. Following are 9 important tips that one must consider before flying off to this splendid continent of art, culture, and a lot more!
Tag Archive for: travel tips
With the pandemic slowing winding down in much of the world, a lot of people are looking at returning to travel. This is especially the case when it comes to borders opening up and travel getting more attainable for most people, of course except for the airplane fairs and general disruption and delays at borders and airports.
Tips for a healthy travel abroad:
You may have a summer trip around the corner, but we wanted to share with your some easy tips to enjoy a healthy and happy travel abroad:
- Remember your vacation essentials. Remember to pack and renew prescriptions (in bottle they are prescribed in), pack essential medications, purchase a mobile roaming plan or get a plan abroad, and don’t forget the hand sanitizer!
- Make sure you check your health status. If you have underlying health conditions, make sure you ask your doctor if should travel abroad. Note that most travel medical insurance plans will not cover pre-existing conditions, only cover them partially or cover them depending on the stability period of the condition.
- Check the health and safety status of your destination countries. Most governments will provide their citizen’s free advice and travel warnings for almost all countries around the globe that you may be traveling to. Here is a great resource for Canadians traveling abroad, but can be used for most nationalities: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- Keep an eye on travel entry requirements – especially for Covid. Many countries require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result upon entry. Be sure to look up the current requirements for the country you are visiting.
- Buy travel insurance coverage. Getting international travel medical coverage is really easy and in most cases is quite affordable. If your employer has coverage, make sure you confirm any limitations, restrictions, or gaps in existing travel insurance coverage and consider purchasing one of our comprehensive travel insurance options if needed.
- Be up to date on your travel vaccinations. We recommend that people traveling abroad check the vaccination requirements for entry, but also recommended vaccinations given the local healthcare and disease profiles. That vax might save you from getting a particular disease and ruin your vacation abroad.
- Prepare for your return. If you are a Canadian, make sure you Download the mandatory ArriveCAN app before leaving. Until this requirement is removed by the Trudeau government, you must use the app to provide mandatory travel information when travelling internationally.
- Protect yourself from the unexpected. Yes, travel is fun, but things do happen that you didn’t plan for. Do you have pre-paid, non-refundable expenses for an upcoming trip? Vacation Protection coverage can help recover these costs if an unforeseen circumstance leads to cancellation, interruption, or delay in your travels.
If you are going abroad as an expatriate, make sure you get a global health insurance plan as travel medical insurance plans are for short trips abroad and will not cover you back in your country of citizenship in most cases.
Europe Travel Guide Tips — Try These for Hassle-free Adventure across the Old Continent
Europe has a little bit of something for everyone. One of the most diverse continents, Europe not only has a deep-rooted history but is also a melting pot of cultures from across the globe. From its east end to its west side, Europe is a mixture of unique architecture, varied cuisines, languages, cultures, and customs. With the dissolution of border checks within the European Union (EU), traveling from one country to another is quite easy and also affordable. So get your backpack ready with our Europe travel guide tips to sojourn around this Old Continent to your heart’s content. Read more
Six Great Tips to Follow While Traveling to South Korea
South Korea may not find a place on every traveler’s itinerary, but it is one destination that should be visited at least once in a lifetime. The land of the morning calm has a whole lot of fascinating ‘faces’ to be experienced — history, food, culture, and religion. Here are some tips that travelers and expats can keep in mind while contemplating traveling to South Korea. Read more
Traveling abroad can be quite costly, but it doesn’t have to be. There are lots of tips out there for people wanting to travel abroad for short or extended trips. By taking a few steps before and after you travel, you can save money on travel and still have a great time. Here are six tips for traveling within budget.
Learn Why You Should Travel to Canada!
People who are fond of traveling to North America prioritize Canada as their top vacation destination. Canada is similar to the United States in many aspects. However, there are many attractions and vacation spots that Canada offers which are not found in the United States. In any case that you have not been to Canada yet, below are the top 5 reasons to visit Canada today.
Aspiring to travel green may seem difficult if you are unsure how to approach it; however, it can be very simple and will have a big impact on your carbon emissions. It will require some initial effort as you become accustomed to the changes, but soon enough it will become second nature. Read all about our 10 tips for a green vacation in order to leave a positive impression on your trip, the places you’ve visited and our planet!
Moving to the United States is a wonderful and exciting opportunity. Whether you are moving down there for school or work, the adventure is sure to be a memorable one. Once you’ve made the move to the United States, having your parents come to visit you will be an amazing opportunity for both you and your parents. But don’t forget to take travel medical insurance for parents visiting the USA.
Gorgeous hotels, beautiful beaches, 5-star hotels, and gourmet food are popular choices for luxury travelers. While focusing on the comforts of your trip is important, one should also think about having a unique and meaningful experience. As a luxury traveler, are you following the trends? In this article, we will discuss five tips for luxury travelers.
Global Travel Insurance.com is copyrighted and is owned by TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd.
Note: Some of the products and services described or advertised on this site may not be available to residents of certain jurisdictions, depending on regulatory constraints, including Canada and the U.S. Please contact TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd. for more information about your specific jurisdiction. If you or your company requires a policy that is billed to the USA, please contact us and we will refer you to a broker located in the USA. The policies we offer via TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd. or its related web sites are not available to citizens permanently residing in the USA when taking out the policy.